By Aliya Leigh

By Aliya Leigh
http://www.aliyaleigh.com
Twitter: @aliyaleigh
TWENTY

"So, you are praying to my old boss?" Galvin asks.

I didn't know what to say. Yes, he is my great-grandfather, but that doesn't mean anything.  I don't trust him even though, I do love him, more so then my own mother.

"Yes, I am," I say to this good-looking handsome man in his 20's.

"Why? He won't listen to you.  I'm your God.  I'm your creator.  You need to pray to me," Galvin says and then sits on the bed.

I stare at him, he's right. He's our creator, but he's will never be the Almighty God.

What am I suppose to do?

"My deary dear, I love you.  What do you need?" Galvin asks.

"How can I lead this family? I can't decide what to wear in the morning." I say.

"Sit on the bed."

I obey.

"You have to look within yourself. The answers lie within you and your gut. You need to rule with your heart, but your gut should be the final answer.  Never worry about confirmation or thinking if you made the right decision. Look within yourself and make it happen.  Because only YOU can choose what path to walk on and only YOU can decide how you can live your life. Yes, you do have a special gift called leadership and you must use it.  But, you are forgetting about someone," Galvin says.

"Who?"

"Your brother, Eric.  He may not be strong, but he's your twin brother. He will help you. He will be your rock. Don't worry about Simon Peter, he will be dealt with. He just forgets his way in life, my dear."

Galvin gives me a fatherly hugs and walks away.  He's right, the answer lies in me.  I need to trust myself.

As I sat on the bed, I say prayer to the Almighty God.

I don't care if he listens to me or not, I just need to put my will out there.

After an Amen, Fire walks into my room with a smile, but something is changed in her.  She's not the same.