By Aliya Leigh

By Aliya Leigh
http://www.aliyaleigh.com
Twitter: @aliyaleigh
EIGHT

We walked in single file, military style, to my family's study down on the first floor. I don't know why we called it a study room. Its was more like a grand library, like the one in New York City with the loins on the marble steps. There were books on shelves covering the walls, an old desk fit for a high powered executive banker and open space for old comfortable leather chairs, sofas and ottomans to relax your soul for your reading pleasure.

Do I go into this room, hell no. The room was more like a model for the home magazine or for special occasions like this one. There was no reason for this room, or was there?

When we entered the room, the furniture was arrange as if we were in a classroom and Uncle Merlin was the teacher. So there were us: me, Eric, Max, Britannica, Trinity, Tyler, Fire, Kristen and Kris. All in one room to wait for the story to be told.

Fire and I sat next to each other as if were sisters. I missed her. She was so beautiful and smart, and I missed our talks and walks. I wished she lived in New York, but I knew it would never happen. Trinity and Tyler sat in the back and texted on their phones. Britannica was bored out of her mind, Max looked sick and sweaty, and Kristen and Kris were sat front smiling as if they were on dope.

Even though, I couldn't stand some of my cousins, I didn't feel like an outsider with them around. I was with like minded people, like myself. People who knew how delicious human flesh tasted, the sweetness of blood and how to turned into a monster. It was a beautiful feeling and treasured it. I didn't feel strange or like freak, I could honesty be myself for a change. To be the person I can be.

I looked around the study and felt blessed and happy. I could breath and let my feelings out. I wondered if there a school just for us or if there were more of us, but I didn't know. Uncle Merlin was about to tell us after he closed the door.

Uncle Merlin sat at the banker's desk and placed The Big Book on the desk. The Big Book was Uncle Merlin's most sacred book. It told the history of our family and only Uncle Merlin had complete control over it.

He put his glasses on and opened the book. He looked at us. For some reason, I had the feeling he didn't want to reveal anything, but he had a job to do.

He looked at Trinity and Tyler, as they texted on their phones.

“Trinity and Tyler, please put your phones away,” Uncle Merlin said.

They looked at him and kept on texting.

“Please put your phones away,” Uncle Merlin said.

“Please old man, shut up,” Tyler said.

With a gust of wind and a sound within a light speed, Trinity and Tyler's phones were destroyed.

“Now, since I have everyone's attention, I will began. This is the story about our race and how it began. You will be shocked, hurt and surprised, but this is the most important story you will hear in your life. Remember, Jehovah loves you and made peace with our race a long time ago. He understands that we need to eat and drink. My brother Bryan made it possible for us to eat and drink our delicious delights, without continually hurting anyone. He made it possible for us to live among the Normals. My sister Erika keeps us organized and Clive gives us the greatest entertainment. We are Shadows among world and grow old slowly and we don't get sick with common diseases like the Normals. Do we die? I don't know, as you see, I'm still waiting. I have lived a long time. I was born in the afternoon of October 15, 1826; in church while my mother was singing praises for God and my father was teaching the gospel of the Lord.

The congregation sang as my mother pushed me out and my big sister was the first to hold me. She still remembers that day. I grabbed her finger and smiled at her. I knew she would always protect me,”

“Uncle Merlin, you're 184 years old,” Britannica said.

“Yes, I am. See, we grow old slowly,” Uncle Merlin said.

I was so shocked. 184 years old! I knew my mother was older than 184 years old. Uncle Merlin continued the story.

“We are closer to God, then any other creature on earth. We are demon spawn, who were forgiven by God himself. The demon who created us was your great-grandfather Galvin. He was created with God's own hands. In the beginning, Galvin was a good worker angel, who was Gabriel's assistant. Gabriel was one of the top messenger angels God used to spread his message and to help the Normals with problems. Galvin enjoyed his post among the top elite angels. But, among them was The One. The One was a free spirited rebel among the group. He also thought he had more knowledge and had more wisdom then Jehovah God himself. Unfortunately, Galvin became friends with The One who brought him to ruin,” Uncle Merlin said.

“Who's The One?” Kristen asked with air quotes.

“We don't mention his name,” Uncle Merlin said.

“Why not?” Kristen asked.

“SHUT UP, K. Let my father finish,” Max said.

I stared at Max. He was getting sicker and it seemed no one cared. He was sweaty and his eyes were bright yellow, as if he was another monster of another species.

Uncle Merlin continued.

“Now, we all know about Adam and Eve, the garden of Eden and the sin of Adam and Eve, right?” Uncle Merlin asked.

Almost everyone said, “Yes”.

“Adam and Eve produced children on the earth,” Uncle Merlin continued with story.

“The women of the earth were beautiful creatures. They bath nude in the water and ran around the earth without shame. They didn't know, the angels in heaven were looking at them in an unnatural manner. It was the worst thing any angel could do. They stared at the women and lusted for them. They wanted to be with them.

The earth women took men and created human children. The third of the angels in heaven wanted THAT POWER and were upset God would give this power to so-called cockroaches. The One, had a few meetings of his own in heaven with the angels who wanted the pleasure to create let the humans. They felt God was selfish, mean and hurtful to his angels, who dine with him. They questioned God and began to hate him. God knew what was happening and told the angels, 'Flesh and Spirit cannot mix.'”

“The One went to earth and created a son by having relations with an earthly woman, and the son was was born normal. He proved God was a lair.

“Galvin started to looked at the women on earth and found Mikeal. She was beautiful in appearance. Long wavy brown corn silk hair, brown kind eyes of a beautiful autumn paradise, flawless tan sun kiss skin and radiated with warmth, and love and harmony coming out her pores. She was the most beautiful creature God had ever made; she was more beautiful than the angels themselves. He wanted her, but Gabriel his boss said,"