By Aliya Leigh

By Aliya Leigh
http://www.aliyaleigh.com
Twitter: @aliyaleigh
THREE

Eric and I stand next to each other. Speechless.  I didn't know what to say or do. We looked at each other, I needed him to hold me and I felt the pain within him.  We were tortured by our own souls.  Why?

He ran out of my room and I closed the door. Tears fell down my face and I wanted to die. So much pain in this house, made the house look sad, but I had to do what I had to do; look like royalty.

As I look back, my life was never like the Normals and my grandmother never grew old; which was strange. My grandfather was still alive and somewhere out there. Again, strange.

What was wrong with me?

I walked across the hall to the bathroom and took a simple shower.  I hoped it would make me feel better, but my emotions were still ran high, and I wanted to scream to let my pain out. But, no, I couldn't.  The pain was great and I wanted it to end.  I needed to hear the story and hope to God, the pain would go away.  My brother was going through the same pain, but I darned not to enter his room, in fear of Simon Peter.

In my room, I sat on my bed and stared into my closet.  I needed to get dress, but my body wanted to sleep the pain away.  As, I mustard the strength to stand up, I heard the company as it walked in.

My bones did a little dance and I giggled with each step.

My medication was here and as I walked towards the closet, "You're not dress yet?" The mirror asked.

I laughed so hard, I cried and the mirror became a young beautiful exotic long haired Indian princess.  Her eyes were bright hazel, she was thin and sexy, lips were plumped, almond shaped eyes and beautiful brown skin. She looked like a super model in the most expensive magazines. She could make a man melt with one blink. She was my best friend.

I hugged her and her warm embrace melted my pain and anxieties away.

"My God, you're in pain.  Sit down," Fire said.

I did and she sat down next to me.  I felt like we were young again; reading each other minds.

In recent years, Fire was not allow to call my house or contact me; my mother's orders.  Why? I don't know.  Fire got the same orders from her mother, so I was surprised to see Rebecca's family here.

Fire was half black and half Navajo; which made her very beautiful in appearance, but had strange customs she followed and a special gift.   She was born and raised on the Navajo reservation in northern Arizona; which was a beautiful and spiritual place. You can sense the Indian gods and goddess as they watched over their people.  I missed my vacations there as I hang out with Fire and her crazy drama queen older sister Spirit.

Rebecca and her husband Sani, who was a Navajo medicine man, with Earth, Wind, Fire, Luke and I would take a drive to Lake Powell and stay there for a week.  The water was beautiful and the area was magical.  Life was heaven there and I wanted to stay there forever, even if it meant I would miss Eric.  I felt free, until Luke had to consul me on morals and sin.

Luke was Rebecca's family guardian, who had to report to Simon Peter. Now, Luke took his job seriously, I think, a little too seriously.  He carried the bible around his neck and pray all the time to an unknown God. He was a confused mess. He loved God, but he also adapted to the Native American culture; which he also thought was a sin against God.  He was so confuse, Sani made him drink something to relax himself, everyday.

After we spent a week at Lake Powell, we would drive to Utah and live in an old cottage on the prairie; without no one around us.  Sani would tell us stories about the God of the Earth and the spirits who roamed around in nature.  But, the highlight of my stay was Fire's family turning into things.  They were called shape-shifters.  When Fire was young, she could become a wall, a door, a table and a chair. The older she got, the more creative she has become.  Spirit loves to change into things to scared the crap out of you; for fun.

Recently, my mother didn't want me mention Spirit or Rebecca's name; it left a bad taste in her mouth. So she ordered me, never to contact Fire or her family again and of course I obeyed.  As I saw Fire next to me, my heart was hopped and my organs were dancing to funky tune.  A huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders and I laughed for the first time in  days. I wish, Fire could live in New York, but I was happy to have her next to me.

"I have so much to tell you and I brought your favorite food from Arizona and the peppers to match. OMG! I have so much to tell you, but first, what the hell is going on?" Fire asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"What do I mean, Dude, come on.  Before I hugged you, you were so stress. My mother is so piss to be here, but your mother ordered us to come.  Luke had to forced my mother and father to pack clothes. If it wasn't for Luke, we would not be here. Plus, what is Uncle Merlin going to talk about?" Fire asked.

She said, Uncle Merlin,  funny I thought.  Where we related?

"Fire, I don't know, but I'm so happy to see you.  K has got on my nerves and Kris is an idiot," I said.

"Yeah, I know.  Uncle Clive, Aunt Nevaeh and the twins were in Navajo country two months ago.  Uncle Clive had a film to shoot. He's the most crazy insane man I know. He has practice every religion known to man and what he was talking about, it was like, he traveled to California before the gold rush.  Anyway, K wouldn't stop talking and Kris was being Kris. I was forced to used my father's medicine to numb them," Fire said.

I was so confused, Was Fire family?