By Aliya Leigh

By Aliya Leigh
http://www.aliyaleigh.com
Twitter: @aliyaleigh
FOUR

With Fire there, I was not alone anymore. As I look and listen to her speak, it gave me such joy in my life. She was the only one who could understand me, besides my twin brother Eric.

She dressed me in my royal grown; which was like a princess shaped dress in a green color to match my eyes. To make the dress more like royalty, I needed a crown, but instead I had to put on my necklace.

My grandmother gave this necklace when I was young for some reason; which is unknown to me. She told me to wear it on special occasions, like this family function.  I don't know why, but when I looked at Fire, she had on a similar necklace.  I was shock and confused.

Wondering, "Why did she have on that necklace, but more importantly, who gave it to her?"

"Fire," I said. "Who gave you that necklace?"

"Oh, you like it? Grandmother Olyvia gave it to me. The stone is a representation my eye color, like yours," Fire said.

I sat down on my bed and asked Fire, "You called her grandmother Olyvia?"

Fire looked at me, "We are related, didn't you know?"

"Your mother is black," I said.

I didn't want to sound racist or anything, but I was curious. Fire's mother was a black woman and the rest of my family was white. I needed to know what was the connection between Fire's family and mine.  It was so surreal.  I loved Fire, but there were so many questions that surrounded our family.  If I thought too hard about it, my mind would exploded.  All the questions, no answers and my mother's little speech made me worried even more.

Fire sat next to me and said, "I know my momma is black. Yes, I don't know how we can be related, but in a strange way, we are.  I overheard grandmother Olyvia talking to my momma about the past and of course Spirit.  Found out, my momma used to work for grandmother Olyvia and then we became part of the family, I don't know how, but Spirit is connection, some how.  My momma told me, Spirit has a different daddy, one of the reasons why she causes so much drama.  I swear, I love her, but she needs to find some peace in her life.  But, here is the weird thing, my momma used to be a slave.  I don't get that."

"A slave?" I asked.

"Yeah, a slave, you know in the south.  The black people on slave ships and things like that. Slavery. But, my momma, can't be that old.  I have alot questions myself. Like, why I'm a shape shifter and why I have to spy on things," Fire said.

"What? Spy?" I asked.

"Yeah. My momma told me.  Spirit confirmed it," Fire said.
I couldn't believe it. I wanted Uncle Merlin to tell me the story right now. I got sick to my stomach, but I had to make an entrance.  I heard the family as they arrived.
Uncle Merlin the history guru and his family, Uncle Bryan the scientist and his family, crazy and entertaining Uncle Clive and his family and the power hungry business guru Aunt Elisabeth and her family.  The guardians were there and of course Rebecca's family.

It was amazing to see everyone under one roof as the bad blood and arguments cease to exist on one night.  We had real flesh to eat and real blood to drink, and hear the history of our family.

I just wanted to know, who I was and what I will become.  I stood up and heard a knock at my door.  The door opened and my twin brother Eric stood there in beautiful handsome form.  He looked like a charming prince ready to walked down the grand stairs as we made an entrance into our family room which looked like a ball room made out of gold.

I knew this night will be the most important night of all.  My parents did not spare any expense and everything was well done.

Fire ran over to Eric and hugged him.  She was so happy to be part of our family again, but again, another question.  Too many questions.

Fire walked out of the room and walked over to Eric.  He was afraid to look at me, but his boyish eyes were so cute, any girl would melt into his arms with one touch or look.  If only Simon Peter knew, I loved Eric as my brother, not as a boyfriend. But, in Simon Peter case, everything was a sin. Why, I don't know why. I wish, I knew.

I left my room as I held my brother's arm. We both felt whole again; complete. I never wanted to leave his side ever again.

"You look beautiful," Eric whispered in my ear.

"Thank you," I whispered back.

We walked down the hallway to top of the grand stairs. The stairs flowed like a water stream into the grand ballroom.

Our house looked like an old English palace for the Queen and it had a taste of old to it, as if Queen Elizabeth I herself designed our house and approved it.

The grand ball room looked rich and all of our family, servants and musicians were there.  As my brother and I looked at the Normals in our mist;  they looked meaty, plumb and tasty. My mouth watered as Kris held a glass of real blood wine.  I was in pure ecstasy.

The mass below grew silence and looked at us.  We walked down the stairs, arm in arm.  I felt Simon Peter glare, but I didn't care.

When we got to the bottom of the stairs everyone continued their conversations and greeted us.  All my cousins were there.